Foreign Students: Join Us

University Open Day – Masters’ Degrees

Welcome to your future! This Open Day dedicated to Masters’ degree courses is particularly aimed at those international students.

If you were unable to attend the Open Day, you can review the presentation slides. Click here for more info.  

Girl with a yellow shirt
Admission and registration procedures

Admission to Italian Universities is possible only if the student holds a Diploma di scuola secondaria superiore ("A" Levels/Higher School Certificate) gained after 5 years at a high school, or a recognized School Certificate gained abroad. In most cases, a test to ascertain the student's initial level of competences is compulsory.

Foreign students or Italians arriving from secondary school studies abroad are admitted once their qualifications have been judged suitable. Enrollment is open at all public Universities, except for the Faculties of Medicine, Dentistry and Veterinary Science and at "Libere Università", but some courses have a quota. 

Non-EU future students, willing to enroll in master degrees taught in English, must request a preliminary online evaluation of their qualifications. 

Non-EU and EU future students wishing to enroll in:

  • a Bachelor's Degree program provided in Italian 
  • a Master's Degree program provided in Italian
  • a Master's Degree program provided in English 

also you can find below useful information to read before leaving your country and before the enrollment.

Online pre-evalution a.y. 2024-2025 is open!
Bachelor Degree Courses
The compulsory tests

A compulsory test to ascertain the student's initial level of competences is required for admission to degree courses in the Department of Law, Department of Engineering and Applied Sciences, Department of Management, Information and Production Engineering, Department of Letters, Philosophy, Communication, Department of Foreign Languages, Literatures and Cultures, Department of Economics, Department of Management and Department of Human and Social Sciences.

An admission test is required for admission to the three-year bachelor's degree programs:

An admission test is required for admission to the five-year masters' degree program:

An entry test test is required for admission to the six-year master's degree program:

Italian language proficiency

In order to be able to enrol in an open-access Bachelor's degree or a Master's degree with programmed access, foreign students must demonstrate a B2 level of Italian language proficiency.

Non-EU students further information

The Ministerial Procedures for enrolment of International students in Italian Universities will be published here.

In order to apply for the VISA complete the online Visa application and pre-enrolment procedure on the UniversItaly website