The University of Bergamo promotes and enhances the role of Visiting Professors and Visiting Scholars, to increase the internationalization process and the development of scientific and academic research. It thus favors the permanence within UniBg of highly qualified Italian and foreign professors, experts and scholars, holding a relevant scientific or professional curriculum.
The following positions are available:
- Honorary Fellow: appointed to eminent guests who, even if they are not university teachers or researchers, have promoted and contributed to the development of specific programs, increasing the Institute’s prestige and reputation
- Visiting Professor: appointed to guests who hold an equivalent academic and/or scientific role in their Home University (full professor or associate professor - reader). Visiting Professors are required to work within the hosting Department for at least 15 ongoing days and/or hold at least 16 hours of lessons
- Visiting Researcher: appointed to guests who hold an equivalent academic and/or scientific role in their Home University (lecturer or assistant professor). Visiting Researchers are required to work within the hosting Department for at least 15 ongoing days and/or hold at least 16 hours of lessons
- Visiting Scholar: the status of “Visiting Scholar” is conferred to distinguished scholars from foreign universities/institutions, who do not hold a Chair (i.e. not full professors) in their Home University, but with more than three years of working experience in their field. Visiting Scholars are expected to carry out their research activity within the hosting Department for at least 30 ongoing days
- Visiting PhD Student: the status of “Visiting PhD Student” is appointed by a University of Bergamo Department to PhD students who have successfully passed first year courses in their Home university, and who wish to spend a research period following one of the PhD courses in the University of Bergamo. Minimum stay has to be no less than 30 days