Non EU students

Non-EU country residents in Italy

Non-EU country residents in Italy wishing to enroll at 

  • a Bachelor Degree Course and at a 5 Years Master Degree Course (taught in Italian)
  • a Master Degree Course taught in italian and Master Degree Courses (taught in english) 

should follow the same admission rules and deadlines of Italian students. 

A limited number of places are available for foreign students not enrolled in Exchange Programmes.

Non-EU students residents abroad

Who can apply to enroll at a Master's degree taught in English?

  • Non-EU students living abroad and living in Italy who have already achieved a foreign University Diploma (Bachelor)

Your educational qualifications must be verified by the University of Bergamo before you enrol in your chosen University Degree programme: Pre-evaluation online

Non-EU future students residents in a foreign country wishing to enroll at a Bachelor Degree program taught in Italian, a Master's Degree Program taught in Italian and a Bachelor Degree Program taught in English should forward their request through the Italian consulates in their home country through Universitaly Portale 

Next step: pre-evaluation online
Masters' degree taught in english: required documents checklist

Here you find all the documents required for pre-evaluation online.
Please remember that we only accept color digital copies of your original documents in PDF format.

Compulsory certificates:

  1. Copy of the Bachelor degree translated into Italian Language and legalized
    Or copy of the Bachelor degree translated into English
  2. Copy of the official Academic transcript of the last three/four years
    This is a certified document issued by the student’s University containing the list of the courses you have attended and the grades you have received (in English).
    Apply with the certificates listed in the paragraph or certificates listed in the checklist 
  3. Copy of an Official certificate attesting your knowledge of the English language at min. B2 level of the Common European Framework
  4. Copy of the Language of Instruction Certificate
    We only accept letterhead medium of instruction certificate issued, stamped and signed by the Registrar’s Office, by the Student’s Office or by the International relations office of the student’s home University.
    It states officially that the program was taught entirely in English. You can submit it if:
    • You have attended and completed a degree program in a country in which English is the medium of instruction;
    • You have acquired a university qualification in Italy or abroad after attending a program taught entirely in English.
  5. Copy of your valid passport
    The only acceptable form of identification is a valid passport with your full name, photograph, and signature. (Any other document will not be accepted)
  6. Major area of study courses Description (see the courses list here)
    This is a document in which you describe the contents, themes, aims and objectives of the main area exams you have taken.
    It must also contain the number of hours of the courses or training activities that you have attended. 
    It is mandatory for all applicants to fill in the form and upload it during the online pre-evaluation.

In case of double application fill and upload two forms.

Recommended Documents:

  • Letter of reference (english)
    This is a letter signed by a professor or academic tutor of your University, written on headed paper and with original stamping; the professor’s or tutor’s name, surname and email address must be provided in full. 
  • Curriculum vitae (english)


Do not upload unrequired documentation, nor send any documentation by email