Line 1 – departing from Upper Town of Bergamo (Colle Aperto) every 15' and running through Viale delle Mura, Porta S. Agostino, Viale Vittorio Emanuele, Porta Nuova, the bus then branches off into the restricted lanes at the station and the ones headed towards Torre de' Roveri (A), Scanzo (B), Grassobbio (C), Bergamo airport and back.
Line 3 – departing from Bergamo Hostel, driving along Viale Giulio Cesare until the stadium, where it turns into Via Crescenzi, Via Baioni, Via Maironi da Ponte, Porta S. Lorenzo, Via della Fara, Viale delle Mura, Via S. Giacomo with terminal station in Piazza Mercato delle Scarpe (funicular station), and then continues from Via Porta Dipinta. For the interchange, we recommend the stadium parking lot.
Funicular - connecting Viale Vittorio Emanuele to Piazza Mercato delle Scarpe (in connection with Line 1).
The large church next to the monastery of the Eremitani di Sant'Agostino, now the Aula Magna of the University, was founded in 1290 at the behest of Bishop Roberto Bonghi and consecrated in 1347 by Bishop Bernardo Bernardi. Richly decorated with frescoes from the last decade of the thirteenth century, the building was only marginally damaged by the great fire of 1403, which destroyed the monastery that developed in the area north of the church.
In 1442, the Augustinians were replaced by the Minori Osservanti, who promoted a vast restoration of the convent buildings, where parts dating from the fourteenth-century (for example the three-light windows and the gate of the ancient chapter house) and other parts from the late fifteenth-century (such as the first porticoed courtyard) can still be seen.
Following the suppression of the religious orders, in the nineteenth century the church and convent were used as barracks and weapon depots; the frescoes were hidden behind a brick curtain wall, removed only in the fifties and sixties of the twentieth century as part of the restoration directed by Mauro Pelliccioli.