The Department of Foreign Languages, Literatures and Cultures is in Rosate.


How to reach the Campus


Line 1 – departing from Upper Town of Bergamo (Colle Aperto) every 15', and running through Viale delle Mura, Porta S. Agostino, Viale Vittorio Emanuele, Porta Nuova, the bus then branches off into the restricted lanes at the station and the ones headed towards Torre de' Roveri (A), Scanzo (B), Grassobbio (C), Bergamo airport and back.

Line 3 – departing from Bergamo Hostel, driving along Viale Giulio Cesare until the stadium, where it turns into Via Crescenzi, Via Baioni, Via Maironi da Ponte, Porta S. Lorenzo, Via della Fara, Viale delle Mura, Via S. Giacomo with terminal station in Piazza Mercato delle Scarpe (funicular station), and then continues from Via Porta Dipinta. For the interchange, we recommend the stadium parking lot.

Funicular - connecting Viale Vittorio Emanuele to Piazza Mercato delle Scarpe (in connection with Line 1).

Campus history

Located on the corner between the alley and the square, which it shares with the Liceo Classico Paolo Sarpi, it occupies the house of the Ricuperati brothers. During the urban reorganization of the area, the brothers lost their pedestrian access to Piazza Rosate as well as vehicle access to the alley of the same name located a few meters below the former. The current entrance, therefore, dates back to the mid-nineteenth century, while the original one corresponded to the window on the first floor placed in axis with the main gate. Inside, the porticoed courtyard and some decorated rooms are a reminder of the time when the building was used as a private residence (until 1918, and later from 1933 to 1971), a hostel managed by the Congregation of the Sisters of Charity, who used it to accommodate primary school students, and students from high school and teacher-training colleges. When the boarding school had to close down due to a lack of applicants, the University decided to turn it into a hostel for university students. The Institute purchased it 1973 to house the classrooms and Department of Management, Economics and Quantitative Methods and the building features courtyards with glass porticos, loggias and staircases leading to a beautiful roof garden overlooking Piazzetta Terzi.