5 levels (Beginner to Advanced, A1 / C1), 100 hours, 4 weeks, with general culture lessons and recreational activities. 2 to 3 week courses are also available.
Intensive Summer Course is an international summer school, existing since July 1978. It can be attended for 2, 3 or 4 weeks. Beyond the language lessons, the course offers many cultural and recreational activities.
- Minimum age required: 18
- Duration: 4, 3, 2 weeks
- Weekly hours: 25 (5 a day, 3 in the morning and 2 in the afternoon)
- Enrolment deadline: Friday in the second week of June (beyond this date, subject to availability)
- Levels: 5 - beginner (A1), elementary (A2), pre-intermediate (B1), upper-intermediate/advanced (B2/C1) based on entry test results:
- Final examination will be held in the third week for three-week courses, or in the fourth week with exam preparation
- For students coming from Universities with such an agreement, there can be also a CFU (Course Credit) benefit, if they require it and take the final test. CFUs will be 6 for 3 week attendance, and 8 for 4 week attendance
For intermediate to advanced levels (B2-C1) one or two afternoons a week are dedicated to contemporary Italian culture (i.e. literature, art, cinema, sociology, linguistics)
Experienced-based activities in Italian:
- One afternoon per week, can be chosen from singing, theatre, editing an e-book, Italian traditional dances, Italian gestures
- A literary competition
Farewell party and excursions: guided tours of Bergamo Alta; one optional excursion (with fee) to an historical/artistic town in Northern Italy (i.e. Verona, Como, Garda lake).
Online application form
Dates and fees