Guide to online applications for admission to the PhD programs’ final examination
- Go to the online students help-desk of the University of Bergamo through this link: http://sportello.unibg.it/esse3/Home.do
- Select “Login” and enter the username and password obtained when registering your personal information on the online students help-desk. If you forgot your user credentials you may recover them through a special function by selecting the option “Forgot your password”
- Select “Degree” in the left menu (if you have more than one career, click the PhD program one) ATTENTION: you must fill in the ALMALAUREA questionnaire to continue. Click Almalaurea, then registration/Almalaurea questionnaire completion. For any information please check the page http://www.unibg.it/campus-e-servizi/servizi-glistudenti/segreteria-studenti/questionario-laureandi-almalaurea
- Click “Submit application for PhD degree”
- Click “Obtain a PhD degree” at the bottom of the page
- In the “Session and appeal” box select “Appeals” and click “Next”
- Click “Next”
- Click “Next”
- In the “Submit thesis title” page you will find:
- Thesis type: “Not specified”(not required)
- Thesis title: enter the thesis title bearing in mind that the same title will be written on the PhD degree parchment; please pay close attention to title’s completeness, orthography, punctuation, upper/lower case letters (titles with only upper case letters will not be accepted), quotes (if any) etc.
- Thesis title in English: enter the thesis title bearing in mind that the same title will be written on the PhD degree parchment; please pay close attention to title’s completeness, orthography, punctuation, upper/lower case letters (titles with only upper case letters will not be accepted), quotes (if any) etc.
PhD students whose thesis title is only in English must report it in both Italian and English.
- Thesis abstract: not required
- Thesis abstract in English: not required – Thesis language: select the language from the drop-down menu
- The authorization to publish CVs on the AlmaLaurea portal is not required
- Click “Next”
10. Click “Add” next to the “Advisor” field (required), enter the last name of your advisor and click “Next”
11. Select the name of your advisor and click “Next” (in case no names matching with the last name you typed appear, please write to [email protected])
12. Add a possible co-advisor and click “Next”
13. If everything is correct, in the “Confirm thesis” page click “Next”
14. Click “Complete PhD degree application”
15. Click “Print application”
- Once the procedure is completed the system generates a pdf file containing the “Final examination admission application”. Print and sign the application.
- Among the attachments required is a copy of the receipt of the payment of € 67.00 including 2 stamp duties paid using the virtual system; the first refers to the “Final examination admission application”, the second to the issuing of the final PhD degree parchment. Go back to the online students help-desk menu, select Students’ Office and then Payments. Here you will find the invoice for the above mentioned amount; print it and pay it at any bank counter (it is not possible to pay using the Poste Italiane BancoPosta service).
- Submit the application, fill in the attachments required and email them to [email protected]